Beta presents the race-ready version of its new-generation Beta Enduro range, unveiled back in July. As customers have come to expect, it’s fitted with all the equipment needed to make it a truly race-ready machine, set up for any situation it’ll encounter during competition.
Beta engineers have therefore focused on developing a high-end set-up and incorporating all those details — both aesthetic and functional — that reduce weight and ensure even higher performance under all race conditions.
The new RR Racing MY 2020 has, in fact, all the same features that have enabled Steve Holcombe and Brad Freeman to dominate the World Enduro circuit over the last few years, winning several titles in succession.
The Racing family consists of seven models: 125, 250, 300 cc 2T (two-stroke) and 350, 390, 430 and 480 cc 4T (four-stroke).
Compared to the respective standard versions, the RR Racing MY 2020 range stands out on account of:
· Kayaba AOS forks with closed ø 48 mm cartridge: these new KYB spring forks feature a closed-cartridge design and are renowned worldwide for being top-of-the-range. Close collaboration between Beta and Kayaba has created a bespoke product which features a new fork shoe design and a unique calibration reserved for the RR models. Also, the presence of anodized internal components minimizes sliding friction, whilst the customary compression and release adjusters allow easy attainment of optimum settings at all times. Therefore, Kayaba forks ensure excellent operation under all usage conditions, being ultra-reliable, easy to tune and, what’s more, considerably reducing weight (0.5 kg lighter than the MY 2019).
· ZF ø 46 mm shock absorber with new calibration: this newly refined set-up lets riders make the absolute most of the new chassis.
· Black anodized triple clamp
In response to riders who are always looking for slashing weight, the Beta R&D department has once again decided to dispense with the automatic mixer in order to reduce bike weight as much as possible. RR Racing MY 2020 2-stroke machines run on oil/gas premix, thus honing the racing pedigree of this version.
· Quick release front wheel pin: essential for saving precious seconds during a race, this device speeds up tire repairs.
· Vertigo hand guards: solidity, eye-catching design and In-Mold graphics make this accessory indispensable for off-road riding.
· Metzeler Six Days tires: for confident off-road riding. It’s no coincidence that these tires are the most widely used in top-level Enduro competitions and by multiple world champion Steve Holcombe.
· Black Aluminum footrests: with a broad contact surface and steel pegs to ensure optimum grip under all conditions. A robust yet lightweight structure means these footrests also have a longer lifespan.
· Rear sprocket with anodized aluminum core and steel teeth: a perfect combination of lightness and durability.
· Red aluminum chain tensioner blocks
· Racing seat with pocket
· Black anodized shift/brake levers
· Transmission oil cap, engine oil cap and oil filter cap in red anodized aluminum
· Racing graphics and red rim stickers
· New battery charging system: more efficient and reliable (four-stroke only)
· New expansion chamber: improves performance across the entire power curve, especially at high revs where it boosts acceleration (125 two-stroke only)