Need help now?
If you are an AMA member with Roadside Assistance coverage,
call (877) 373-6285.
Not sure if you have Roadside Assistance coverage? Call (800) 262-5646 to confirm.
Protecting AMA Members On The Open Road
Whether AMA members opt for the no-cost standard roadside assistance program or purchase the upgraded Roadside Assistance Plus coverage, they can ride and drive worry free knowing that the AMA and its partner providers have their back.
AMA members in good standing who are primary Family membership members, who hold 3-Year Memberships, or who participate in AMA’s dues auto-renewal program can access no-cost motorcycle roadside assistance. AMA Life Members enrolled in Life Member Plus can access Roadside Assistance Plus, which includes coverage for motorcycles and cars.
Motorcycle-only coverage includes three service calls a year for covered motorcycles. Coverage is limited to a total of five motorcycles. Motorcycles must be registered to receive roadside assistance.
Roadside Assistance Plus includes three service calls a year for all registered vehicles. It includes motorcycles, cars, trucks, trailers and RVs. It does not cover commercial vehicles or commercial trailers. Vehicles must be registered to receive roadside assistance.
Other exclusions apply. See below for more.
Get Covered: How to activate roadside assistance
Standard Roadside Assistance is available at no additional cost to eligible members. Here’s how to get it.
Full AMA members who sign up for membership autorenew or purchase a three-year membership receive standard Roadside Assistance coverage for no additional cost above their standard membership dues. Members who enroll in the autorenew program or purchase a three-year membership save their association money because the AMA doesn’t have to mail expensive printed renewal notices to these members. The AMA returns those savings to participating members in the form of no-cost standard Roadside Assistance coverage. Please allow seven days for roadside assistance coverage to be effective.
To continue to receive no-cost roadside assistance coverage under the standard AMA Roadside Assistance program, auto-renewing members must maintain a valid credit card number and an email address on file with the AMA to maintain coverage.
Members who want the ultimate protection can upgrade to AMA Roadside Assistance Plus.
Get Covered: Roadside Assistance Plus
Covered vehicles must be registered to activate roadside assistance coverage. After joining or renewing, eligible members will receive an email with instructions and a link to a webpage where vehicle year, make, model and VIN can be recorded. Once this information is submitted, roadside coverage will be activated. Please allow 72 hours for coverage to be activated.
If you believe you should’ve received the activation email but have not, please contact AMA Member Services at (800) AMA-JOIN (262-5646) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To remain eligible for motorcycle-only roadside assistance, auto-renewing members must maintain a valid credit card number and an email address on file with the AMA.
Expanded coverage: Roadside Assistance Plus
There are two ways to receive the additional coverage of Roadside Assistance Plus:
- Purchase it for an additional $50 annual fee. Members who purchase Roadside Assistance Plus for $50 are not required to sign up for membership dues auto-renewal or purchase a three-year membership. Covered vehicles must be registered.
- Roadside Assistance Plus is an included benefit in the AMA Life Member Plus program. AMA Life Members who pay the $29 annual fee to upgrade to AMA Life Member Plus receive all the benefits of Roadside Assistance Plus. Covered vehicles must be registered.
Towing services for qualified vehicles are covered up to 35 miles to the nearest qualified service facility (or to any other location requested by the member of equal distance at no expense to the member). If over 35 miles, the member is only responsible for the overages incurred after the initial 35 miles.
All eligible roadside services under the program are covered at no expense to eligible members enrolled. Members must provide proof of coverage at the time of service. Members must pay for any uncovered services.
Roadside assistance is your safety net for emergency mechanical breakdowns. Commercial trailers and vehicles are, however, excluded.
Only one service call for the same service type within seven days is permitted. For example, you may call in for one tow per seven days, one lockout per seven days, one jumpstart per seven days, etc.
Members can have more than one service call within a seven-day period, but the service call cannot be for same service.
Roadside assistance does not include parts, spare wheel or battery delivery.
Roadside assistance does not cover winching.
Roadside assistance cannot be called to the scene of an accident.
Please note that as with other roadside assistance networks, roadside assistance is not permitted to serve customers on restricted-access roadways that are governed by regulatory mandates enacted and enforced by local municipalities and/or tollway authorities. In these cases, you must use the service provider approved by the governing body; however, roadside assistance can help you once your vehicle is towed outside the jurisdiction of the restricted-access highway authority.
Roadside assistance is an optional personal benefit to bonafide members of the AMA. In order to protect the financial viability of the program, the association reserves the right to refuse program access to service abusers and those who are fraudulently exploiting the program for commercial purposes.
All roadside assistance services are available 24 hours a day to covered members.
Battery Service/Vehicle Won’t Start
- Jump start service provided for most cars, trucks and RVs.
- Note that in most cases, the provider will not be able to jumpstart a motorcycle with battery failure. In these cases, motorcycles will be towed up to the towing limit.
- Flat tire change (to owner-supplied spare).
- If no spare is available, the vehicle will be towed up to the towing limit.
Fuel, Oil, Fluid and Water Delivery Service
- Fuel: unleaded or diesel fuel.
- Fluids: water, oil, or other fluid.
- Member pays provider for fuel/fluid.
- Member will not pay for service call charge for provider to deliver to the breakdown location.
- If keys are locked inside vehicle, provider will attempt to unlock vehicle.
- If a locksmith is necessary to assist with key in trunk and if the locksmith can access trunk release from inside vehicle, it will be covered.
- If no access to a trunk release, or if a key needs to be made, the provider pays for the cost of the service charge for the locksmith to go out to the location, but the member is responsible for the cost of key and labor associated with making key.
- If lockout service is unsuccessful, provider will tow the vehicle up to the towing limit.
Mobile Mechanic Assistance (for eligible and registered RV vehicles)
- Program covers service call for Mobile Mechanic to go out to the location.
- Does not cover cost of parts, labor/repair, lubricants, installation or materials necessary to complete repair work on site.
Have additional questions about roadside assistance? Call (800) 262-5646 and speak with a member services representative.
All 24-Hour Roadside Assistance Program services are provided by Cross Country Motor Club, Inc. dba Road America Motor Club, 400 River’s Edge Drive, Medford, MA 02155, except in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Wisconsin, and Wyoming where services are provided by Cross Country Motor Club of California, Inc. dba Road America Motor Club, 275 East Hillcrest Drive Suite 165, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360.