AMA-sanctioned events run according to the rules developed and written by AMA Congress, the rules-making body of the AMA composed of AMA organizers.
The AMA Amateur Competition Rulebook is for the exclusive use of AMA-chartered clubs and promoters running AMA-sanctioned events.
The rule book applies to all AMA-sanctioned competition. Supplemental regulations are additions to the rule book based on the needs of a specific series. All supplemental regulations are approved by the AMA.
- Clarification to the Limited Class Equipment Standards
- Classification of the Canadian MX1 and MX2 Pro Classes
- C Class-Eligibility Requirements for Loretta Lynn’s
- AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship Supplemental Rules
- 2020 Limited Class Clarification Chart
- 2020 AMA Approved Limited Class Motorcycles
- 50cc (4-6) Special Limited Class KTM Detail Chart
Eligibility Approval for Non-U.S. Racers
As of 2015, all international participants looking to take part in the AMA Amateur Motocross program must submit an application for approval of their eligibility. For the AMA Amateur Motocross competition, all non-U.S. citizens or riders participating in foreign motocross competitions outside the U.S. must obtain eligibility approval prior to participating at any event, by contacting AMA Motocross Racing Department. Please follow the link to the Application for the AMA International Eligibility Approval: International Eligibility Application