The AMA LongRider program is your chance to show others that you’re serious about riding your motorcycle. AMA members are invited to earn patches for various mileage milestones.
Mileage awards are available at 10,000, 25,000 and 50,000 annual miles. In addition to the awards, AMA LongRiders will be recognized on the AMA website.
If you don’t get a chance to ride that often, let your miles accumulate for a Lifetime Mileage award at 25,000, 50,000, 100,000, 250,000, 500,000, 750,000 and 1 million miles. Riders who achieve 1 million miles will earn a special AMA LongRider plaque.
Long Rider Rules:
- Must be current AMA member
- Must agree to abide by AMA verification rules and procedures
- Must register for program (miles begin to accumulate once registered)
- May use multiple motorcycles
How it works:
- Riders register using the AMA LongRider Application.
- Mileage counts from this day forward, unless you can provide verification of previous mileage with documentation from an AMA-chartered club. The AMA will consider verified mileage awards from non-AMA groups/clubs/dealers on a case-by-case basis. Mileage will not be credited for years that you were not an AMA member.
- If you were enrolled in the AMA LongRider program in 2008 or prior, previous verified AMA LongRider Emeritus mileage counts.
- Send a current odometer photo with your AMA card in the photo or other verification as listed on the mileage award form. Odometer pics and other verification will be kept on record with the AMA.
- If multiple motorcycles are used, mileage will count from time each motorcycle is registered with the LongRider Program.
- AMA LongRiders receive a decal and patch with registration.
- Forms can be sent to AMA LongRider, 13515 Yarmouth Dr., Pickerington, OH 43147. It’s recommended to make a copy or keep a record of the mileage you are submitting, so you know when to submit for awards.
- Once you reach a milestone, return the AMA LongRider Mileage Award Request Form to AMA LongRider, 13515 Yarmouth Dr., Pickerington, OH 43147. It’s recommended to make a copy or keep a record of the mileage you are submitting, so you know when to submit for your next award.
- Send an updated odometer photo with your AMA card in the photo or other verification as listed on the mileage award form.
- Only verifiable mileage counts toward AMA LongRider Awards (odometer vs. “trail miles”). This is a road/adventure riding program.
Share Your Achievements:
- Share photos of your odometer, patches or photos from a trip using the #AMAlongrider on social media.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your photos, name and contact info. for a chance to be featured on AMA social media or in American Motorcyclist magazine.
- Contact email@example.com if you have questions.