Thank you for your interest in joining me to support the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame! The Hall of Fame and the work it does to honor motorcycling’s heritage is important to me. Working together, we will tell the amazing stories of motorcycling and continue to inspire new generations of riders.
I’m asking you today: Please consider making a tax-deductible financial contribution to the American Motorcycle Heritage Foundation, the 501(c)(3) that raises money to support the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame. Your donation not only honors our history, but it’s an investment in the future of motorcycling in America.
Thank you for your support!
AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Inductee
Mary McGee is one of motorcycle racing’s great pioneers. That she accomplished what she did as a woman, when women were excluded from most areas of racing, is even more impressive.
- The first woman in the United States to road race a motorcycle, from 1960 to ’63
- Hollywood actor and Fellow Hall of Famer Steve McQueen personally encouraged McGee to race in the dirt.
- Raced her first motocross in December 1965, in a class of 42 racers.
- Excelled in desert racing, racing Baja from 1967 to ’75, first in cars, then motorcycles.
- In 1975, the first person to race and finish the Baja 500 solo on a motorcycle.
- Continued to compete, becoming especially active in vintage racing into the 2000s.
- Inducted into the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame in 2018.
Since her retirement from active racing, McGee has worked as an ambassador and thought leader, guiding and inspiring both young women and men to pursue the sport.
McGee’s story is one of hundreds celebrated by the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame, where motorcycling legends live on. Your financial donation helps fund the Hall of Fame’s efforts to tell their stories. Please consider making a contribution today.
Thank you for your support!Make a Donation
All donors receive a Hall of Fame Supporter pin and decal.
Donations over $75
Will also receive a keychain and beanie.
Donations over $400
Will also receive a jacket.
Donations over $2,500
Will also receive framed print signed by Eddie Lawson and Wayne Rainey. Limited to 10.
ENHANCED TAX BENEFITS:
The 2020 CARES Act and the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 include provisions to incentivize charitable giving:
- An above-the-line deduction, allowing a write-off of up to $300 in cash donations to charity for those taking the standard deduction in both 2020 and 2021.
- For those who itemize, they can claim a larger write-off for charitable cash donations for the 2020 tax year. for 2020, you can deduct up to 100 percent of your adjusted gross income to qualifying charities.