Extreme off-road tests a riders’ skill and their machines’ capabilities over the most challenging terrain each venue has to offer, including agonizing hill climbs, endless rock fields and log crossings. The format is wide open for host organizations to include as many challenges at riders as possible. Extreme off-road can feature Le Mans starts, timed sections, GPS navigation, course changes and more.
One of the toughest and most prestigious extreme off-road events in the nation serves as the AMA Extreme Off-Road Grand Championship.
2022 Red Bull AMA Tennessee Knockout Extreme Enduro
Part of the 2022 FIM Hard Enduro World Championship, the event features a multi-round “knockout” format. Riders race against the clock in some rounds and compete head-to-head in others. The course varies in length in each round and covers extremely difficult terrain. The TKO includes two amateur class competitions on Saturday, with the top 25 finishers earning the opportunity to compete in the pro class races on Sunday. Learn more at tennesseeknockoutenduro.com.
Aug. 11-14: Sequatchie, Tenn.: Tennessee Knockout Extreme Enduro – Trials Training Center
- 2022 AMA Extreme Off-Road Grand Championship Supplemental Rules (updated April 4)
- 2022 Tennessee Knockout Sunday Pre-Qualified List (updated July 19)
- 2022 Tennessee Knockout Sunday Pre-Qualified List – Class Champions (updated July 19)
National EnduroCross Championship
This is a six-race series organized by Cycle City Promotions. The events are moto-based, with heats and mains. The man-made tracks feature obstacles, including logs, rocks and water crossings, along with more extreme obstacles, such as K-rails and tractor tires. The courses vary in length in each round and cover extremely difficult terrain. Riders race head-to-head for a chance to win an AMA National Championship at the end of the season. EnduroCross is a one-day program featuring classes for Pros, Amateurs, Women and 35+ vets.
2022 National EnduroCross Championship Schedule:
- Sept. 24: First Interstate Bank Center – Redmond, Ore.
- Oct. 1: National Western Events Center – Denver, Colo.
- Oct. 15: Maverik Center – Salt Lake City, Utah
- Oct. 22: Findlay Toyota Center – Prescott Valley, Ariz.
- Nov. 5: Ford Idaho Center – Boise, Idaho
- Nov. 19: Reno-Sparks Livestock Events Center – Reno, Nev.
- 2022 AMA EnduroCross National Championship Supplemental Regulations (coming soon)
- EnduroCross Competition Bulletin (updated Dec. 2020)
The 2022 AMA US Hard Enduro Series will be 10 Extreme Off-Road events divided into two regional championships, East and West. Each round is hosted by the region’s premier clubs and promoters and also will act as qualifiers to the AMA Extreme Off-Road Grand Championship, the Tennessee Knockout.
AMA US Hard Enduro, The AMA Extreme Off-Road Regional Championships.
2022 AMA US Hard Enduro, AMA East Extreme Off-Road Regional Championship Schedule
May 21-11: Spragueville, Iowa
May 28-29: Little Hocking, Ohio
July 2-3: Tamaqua, Pa.
July 16-17: Sugarloaf, Pa.
Aug. 6-7: Taylorsville, N.C.
2022 AMA US Hard Enduro, AMA West Extreme Off-Road Regional Championship Schedule
March 26: Page, Ariz.
May 1: Billings, Mont.
June 11: Norden, Calif.
June 18-19: Kellogg, Idaho
- 2022 AMA Extreme Championship Supplements (updated May 31)
2022 AMA Amateur Competition Rulebook
- Competition Bulletin (Dec. 2020)