Information from a Backcountry Discovery Routes press release
Lead photo courtesy of Backcountry Discovery Routes
Seattle, Wash. (October 20, 2023) — Backcountry Discovery Routes® (BDR®), the non-profit organization dedicated to developing adventure riding opportunities across the U.S., announced the launch of their 2023 BDR Motorcycle Sweepstakes Fundraiser happening now at www.WinBDRDesertX.com.
As is tradition for the annual sweepstakes, the BDR team selects the latest, top-of-the-line adventure bike as a platform for customization and then works with their many industry partners to outfit and accessorize the ultimate backcountry travel machine.
This year’s build, the 2023 Ducati DesertX, was inspired in part by the organization’s upcoming California BDR-North Route, which when released in 2024, will enable riders to travel from Mexico to Canada – entirely on BDR-curated routes.
“The 2023 BDR Bike Sweepstakes Fundraiser represents more than just a chance for adventure riding enthusiasts to win a remarkable one-of-a-kind motorcycle. It’s a cornerstone of our community’s collective effort to actively support our mission of creating and preserving ADV riding opportunities. Through both the generosity of our supporters who purchase sweepstakes tickets and the invaluable contributions from our industry partners, this initiative unites our entire community to ensure the enduring success of BDR.”
– Inna Thorn, Executive Director at Backcountry Discovery Routes
Badged as the BDR “Cross Continent Special Edition” Ducati DesertX, the 110-horsepower motorcycle showcases an emblematic custom paint and graphics package meticulously designed by James Howard Creative. No detail was overlooked in outfitting this bike to be a truly one-of-a-kind masterpiece. In addition to the bespoke paintwork, it boasts an impressive array of over $20,000 worth of aftermarket upgrades generously donated by BDR industry partners.
- Custom Paint & Graphics designed by James Howard Creative
- Touratech Extreme Rear Shock & Closed Cartridge Conversion for Front Fork;
- Touratech Zega Pro Panniers 31/38 ltr.;
- Touratech Garmin Zumo XT 2 with Locking Mount;
- Touratech Defensa Hand Guards;
- Touratech Rear Brake Reservoir Guard and Rear ABS Sensor Guard;
- Outback Motortek Crash Bars
- Outback Motortek Skid Plate;
- Outback Motortek Tail Rack;
- Outback Motortek Luggage Racks;
- Upshift Online Scotts Steering Damper with Muller Motorsport Mount;
- TripleClamp Moto HPCorse SP-1 Titanium Short Exhaust;
- Cyclops Adventure Sports Auxiliary Light Kit
- Wolfman Luggage/Threadworks Custom Tankbag;
- Motoz Tires Tractionator Dual Venture (front) & RallZ (rear);
- Black Dog Cycle Works Foot Pegs;
- Doubletake Enduro Mirror Set;
- CruzTOOLS Bike Specific Tool Kit;
- Rich’s Custom Seats Leather Seat;
In addition to the fully kitted Ducati DesertX, this year’s lucky sweepstakes winner will also take home a complete motorcycle camping kit, specially curated by the expert team at Moto Camp Nerd valued at over $1,600; and a complete set (13 in total) of the BDR Butler Motorcycle Maps.
Tickets start at just $25.00 and all funds raised go directly towards helping Backcountry Discovery Routes deliver on its mission of creating and preserving riding opportunities for adventure and dual-sport motorcycle riders.
The winning ticket will be drawn live on BDR social media January 5 at 1:00 pm Pacific Time.
For the latest information and to purchase tickets visit www.WinBDRDesertX.com.