The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycle lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking an experienced Web Content Manager, who supports the web and digital presence for the association, as directed by the Managing Editor.
Summary of Duties:
This hands-on position continually updates and maintains the website content management and publishing efforts for AMA websites and affiliated digital channels, ensuring that they are optimized, accurate, organized for growth, and represent the association’s members and brand identity.
The position focuses on providing and producing web content and multimedia (text, photography, video, audio) that will motivate users to regularly access web channels and utilize them as a source of information and decision making by providing expert knowledge of web traffic trends, behaviors, and UI/UX principles.
In addition, the position will utilize web content management systems (CMS) and related technologies and software (such as HTML, CSS, XML, Adobe CC Suite, etc.) to produce and design web pages, digital publications, content feeds, and support social media communications for quality, consistency, and engagement. The position provides support and guidance on web accessibility and search engine optimization (SEO), particularly in ways it can be used to enhance and extend design consistency across all AMA media properties.
This position works from and is located at the Pickerington, OH office headquarters.
- Update and maintain the AMA website and affiliated websites and systems with regard to publishing and optimizing content (text, graphics, videos, audio, and style use)
- Manage the plans and workflows to keep web pages and content feeds fresh and accurate, with a focus on search engine optimization (SEO) and online advertising methods
- Produce and manage web projects related to subsites and microsites; ensure the websites’ look and feel, functions, and user experience are consistent and properly applied
- Leverage technologies such as CMS tools, widgets, RSS feeds, and related web services to deliver content to the end users’ experience
- Manage website analysis to create data-driven insights about visitor behavior from website traffic patterns, conversion rates, and overall site performance
- Daily coordination of social media content via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and other distribution channels
- Provide guidance and advice during the planning phase of programs and campaigns
- Assist in providing consultation and training support to internal clients serving as web content publishers and content owners
- Perform other duties as assigned by association leadership
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and proficiency in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva, and other web content producing technologies required
- Familiarity with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0+ (WCAG) and general W3C supported approaches to usability standards
- Previous experience with analytics services, such as Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, or similar behavior reporting tools
- Ability to work with software and database development teams, as well as leverage experience in query, search, and content integration methods
- Exceptional internal and external customer service and communication skills, with the ability to work in a cross-team management environment
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent education/experience
- 2-3 years of professional experience in web communications, content management systems (CMS), web graphic design, and an acute attention to detail
- Established expertise in and passion for digital publication channels, such as website news feeds, social media, digital distribution methods, and user-generated content
The AMA offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer