Thank you for your interest in soaring higher for the AMA. We are pleased to offer the AMA EAGLES educational program as an activist recruitment and training guide.
Through AMA EAGLES, members learn more about the association and become better advocates, grassroots activists and membership promoters. AMA EAGLES empowers you with knowledge, tools and resources tailored to your interests. Together, we will promote the motorcycle lifestyle and protect the future of motorcycling.
AMA EAGLES offers a series of educational training programs. The initial program, “AMA History and Overview,” is available to the public. All other programs require an AMA membership.
Each core AMA EAGLES training module is approximately 30 minutes long. Advanced AMA EAGLES training modules will require more time and effort, but members who complete these modules generally find completion even more rewarding.
EAGLES are not only members and volunteers, but leaders.
The AMA EAGLES program requires a personal commitment of time and resources. Those who complete the training will be asked to make a commitment of time and effort that they, themselves, define.
EAGLES Program Objectives
- To identify, train and support volunteer leaders
- To instill pride, create status and acknowledge the efforts of volunteers
- To disseminate accurate information about the history, structure and management of the AMA
- To develop an elite corps of AMA members who will pursue a personal commitment to:
- Positively represent the AMA and the riding community.
- Recruit AMA members to help the association grow.
- Seek opportunities to communicate the positive aspects of motorcycling to the public.
- Become grassroots activists to help the AMA pursue regulations and laws that benefit motorcyclists.
- Seek new and creative ways to use their knowledge as AMA EAGLES to promote the motorcycle lifestyle and protect the future of motorcycling.
Core AMA EAGLES Programs
- Education — AMA History and Overview
- Activism — Rights: Grassroots Activism
- Growth — Membership 101
Advanced EAGLES Programs
Advanced EAGLES programs represent a more significant amount of time and personal commitment. Completion of advanced EAGLES courses prepares the member for volunteer leadership within the AMA.
In addition to the five informational programs in the Expertise module, each module offers a Rights, Riding and Racing option. To complete the modules, members may choose to complete a specific track by completing all three modules through that option, or they may choose the option that they find most interesting.
Those interested in pursuing EAGLES training or become state coordinators should contact the AMA Volunteer and State Chapters Manager at (614) 856-1900, ext. 1224, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no cost for AMA members to participate in EAGLES training.
In-Person EAGLES Training
From time to time, the AMA offers EAGLES training sessions led by AMA staff members or AMA volunteers who have completed EAGLES training.
To find an AMA EAGLES trainer near you, click here.
9 a.m.-noon March 15: AMA tent, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla. Click here to register.