The American Motorcycle Association (AMA), the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycling lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking a hands-on Director of Member Services to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for directing and coordinating all aspects of the association’s business relationship with members, including but not limited to membership fulfillment, membership data integrity and updates, member preferences, call center response time and quality, and member dues processing. This position plans and oversees policies and objectives that ensure customer service excellence and takes ownership of the customer service experience members have with association representatives.
The ideal candidate should possess strong customer service skills, analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, and strong leadership skills. The Member Services Director establishes service quality goals for the Member Services Department and assumes the responsibility for seeing that those goals are met.
- Creates performance metrics and evaluation processes for all aspects of customer services, including but not limited to call center performance, responses to member inquiries, direct mail messaging, event support and more.
- Addresses lapses in membership services quickly and effectively.
- Researches, recommends and develops training programs to instill and promote customer service performance improvements in staff.
- Develops proactive messaging and execution plans to address errors or delays in membership fulfillment responsibilities.
- Evaluate and recommend software and services related to all aspects of customer service, including call center operations, online response tools and direct mail solutions.
- Helps develop outreach programs using department resources, such as the call center, to promote association membership and related products.
- Works closely with the Director of Membership Marketing to manage relationships with vendors who administer aspects of member fulfillment, including identification cards, information and services that are core deliverables of membership.
- Works closely with the Accounting Department to maintain and improve membership dues processing and reconciliation.
- Works closely with the Communications Department to develop messaging and response strategies for unforeseen problems in member fulfillment and other association programs and services.
- Communicates with senior management to recommend and develop company-wide policies that improve customer service in all areas.
- Represents the association from a customer service perspective in personal interactions with members at, for example, trade shows, open houses and other events.
- At least five years of experience in a customer service oriented position.
- At least three years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and working experience of industry standard customer services software and services, including call center and online applications.
- Knowledge and working experience of industry standard service expectations in a member services environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field.
The AMA offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer