The AMA Marketing & Volunteer Coordinator supports volunteer activities, including recreational riding commission activity and volunteer-supported events, while working closely with another coordinator on all aspects of marketing. This team member will serve as the main point of contact for volunteers as well as members participating in education and engagement programs. The Marketing & Volunteer Coordinator will play a key role in ensuring that AMA members have dynamic ways to stay involved and support the AMA mission.
About the AMA and Job:
Since 1924, the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) has protected the future of motorcycling and promoted the motorcycle lifestyle. AMA members come from all walks of life, and they navigate many different routes on their journey to the same destination – freedom on two wheels.
The AMA is looking for a highly organized, self-motivated marketing & volunteer coordinator who enjoys working with people and supporting a mission-driven organization. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and enjoy a high level of communication with AMA members and between departments within the organization. A background in volunteer or event coordination is preferred.
- Providing administrative support for AMA Recreational Riding Commissions and their chairs
- Encouraging members to engage as AMA volunteers, both directly and through AMA volunteer networks
- AMA EAGLES program administration and grading
- Responding to requests from AMA departments, AMA-chartered organizers and other partners for volunteer assistance
- Administering recognition programs for AMA volunteers
- Leading AMA volunteers on location when necessary and representing the AMA in front of organizations and groups of motorcyclists
- Communicating volunteer opportunities to AMA volunteers
- Communicating volunteer skills and abilities to AMA departments, AMA-chartered organizers and other partners
- Developing and executing digital media engagement with respect to AMA volunteers, such as social media outreach and online forum management
- Interacting with clubs and promoters, members and potential members, volunteers, sponsors, organizational partners, vendors, venues, municipalities, etc.
- Support AMA event execution including communicating with venues and vendors, procuring quotes for event-related services, organizing staffing and event staff on-site support, and coordinating set up and tear down activities
- Act as a liaison between departments within the AMA to facilitate the successful execution of AMA events
- Act as a backup to the Marketing & Advertising Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and Experience with the following software preferred:
- Google Ad Manger, Google Analytics, Doubleclick For Publishers, Constant Contact, InDesign, NetResults, WooCommerce, Formsite, Jotforms, Hootsuite or similar marketing and advertising platforms and a general knowledge of social media administration and content management systems.
- Excellent computer skills including databases / spreadsheet
- Ability to think critically and strategically to solve issues and prevent future issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs; little/no strain; standing, walking, sitting
- Environment: inside; some minor discomforts, outside; exposed to dust, fumes, noise
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, marketing, or other related fields.
- 1-3 years of professional experience preferred. Entry-level applicants will be considered
- Motorcycling experience preferred, but not required.
- Position based in Pickerington, Ohio
The AMA offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer