Director of Accounting
The American Motorcycle Association (AMA), the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycling lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking a hands-on Director of Accounting to join our team. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and numerical skills to drive the AMAs financial operations, while improving financial performance. The Director of Accounting will be responsible for supervising accounting staff, all financial reporting, forecasting and strategy, account reconciliations, and managing tax compliance.
The Director of Accounting will oversee all accounting activities related to income auditing, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, and payroll.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills. The noteworthy Accounting Director should harmonize financial operations, develop effective financial strategies, guide efforts towards financial stability, monitor all financial activities, and ensure compliance with accounting and tax regulations.
The Director of Accounting skills in stable financial planning coupled with the ability to direct financial assets will assist our organization in improving and maintaining a healthy financial position. The Director of Accounting will report to our Chief Operations Officer.
- Oversee accounting and financial operations of our organization
- Manage accounting staff
- Conduct financial assessments as needed and generate reports for senior management
- Direct budgeting process and develop procedures for periodic reviews
- Direct compliance in all areas of taxation, including local, state and federal
- Oversee investment manager relationship and investment procedures
- Conduct analysis of financial risks and benefits on business initiatives
- Participate in the management of corporate insurance programs and 401(k) plan administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA a plus
- 8-10 years accounting experience, including 5-7 years accounting management experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP standards and an ability to develop “best practices” for the accounting function
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Experience working with parent companies and subsidiaries a plus
- Experience with non-profit, both 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4), organizations a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of accounting software, fixed asset software
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and compliance issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to verify accuracy of financial data
- Little/no strain, standing or walking
- Environment: office; some event support required (fewer than 10 total days/year)
The AMA offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer