The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycle lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking an experienced Application Developer, who is responsible for leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of the online, application, and software integration environments for the association, as directed by the Director of Information Technology.
Summary of Duties:
The position serves as the lead programmer in an open, agile development environment to ensure applications are implemented according to development guidelines, including code quality, documentation, security, and branding. The successful candidate will establish a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and be responsible for developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining the technical infrastructure and integrations of the AMA website and other digital properties and services. This position will take the lead in web application development and maintenance, while providing a support role for application integration with a customer service-oriented focus.
This position works from and is located at the Pickerington, OH office headquarters. The AMA offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
To apply: please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Application Development
- Maintain and develop software and website applications and plugins according to project specifications and department guidelines, including code quality, functionality, documentation, PCI and security compliance, domain management, QA testing, version control, and industry standards
- Work with both highly customized systems that are unique to AMA’s business practices and those of its members, as well as integrated SaaS systems
- Software Maintenance and System Continuity Assurance
- Participate in the review and enhancement of developed systems, as part of a continuous development cycle, implement vendor updates, and work with the team to update and maintain the network and infrastructure
- Diagnose and resolve issues as needed to ensure high-availability and accuracy
- Data, Support, and Reporting Services
- Develop and implement systems and procedures to provide data management, as required, on a consistent and protected basis
- Create and manage relational database management systems and software; partner with departments in providing the data sources necessary to implement and process reports, lists, and other activities related to the support of member services and experiences
- Research, Innovation, and Other Duties as Assigned
- Identify and research technologies and approaches that could integrate with existing systems and services that provide for new efficiencies and performance of member services
- Provide guidance and advice during the planning phase of new services or programs regarding how the systems, software, or feature will affect AMA and its business operations, as well as serving as a technical resource to contractors
- Perform other duties as assigned by association leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, systems engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years of software development experience with a proven track record of achieving results in a fast paced, challenging, and creative IT environment
- Exceptional internal and external customer service and communication skills expected
The AMA offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
To Apply: please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer