The AMA Racing Coordinator is the first point of contact with AMA racing members and event organizers. Key responsibilities will be working with event organizers to process charters, sanctions, insurance, and providing event supplies. They will also support all racing initiatives within the Racing Department.
- Coordinates work, provides customer service, supports the motorcycle lifestyle
- Coordinates, tracks and supports all aspects of event organizers, including but not limited to: assist organizers with sanction and insurance process questions; process charter applications; mail charter certificates and assist with affiliate program; supply banners, waivers, app pads, etc., to organizers; create login information for organizers.
- Coordinates, tracks and supports all aspects of sanctioned events, including but not limited to: sanctions, insurance, email blasts, injury reports, event paperwork, refund requests, results.
- Monitor and review systems and processes for organizers and sanctioning and report issues to ensure continued customer satisfaction
- Assist Accounting Department with delinquent organizers (sanction fees and memberships collected)
- Review and edit press releases related to discipline as well as AMA magazine racing event schedule
- Communicates with external and internal contacts including members, AMA staff, and organizers
- Assist with Racing Department events (VMD, Congress/Banquet, etc.)
- Assist Racing Manager and provide support assistance to other racing disciplines as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of motorcycle industry
- Knowledge of AMA Rulebook and AMA processes
- Excellent computer skills including databases / spreadsheet
- Ability to think critically and strategically to solve issues and prevent future issues
- Ability to provide member inquiries with information concerning rules and regulations and processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs; little/no strain; standing, walking, sitting
- Environment: inside; some minor discomforts, outside; exposed to dust, fumes, noise
- Some specialized commercial/technical/vocational education beyond high school
- One to three years of job-related experience
The AMA offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer