The AMA Classic Grand Tour will return to celebrate the AMA’s 95th anniversary. The tour was previously operated in 2009 and 2003.
Do you know what the towns of Jamaica Plain, Mass.; Kalamazoo, Mich.; and Panama City, Fla., have in common? They’re towns that have the sequential letters A-M-A in their name, and these can be a participation point on your AMA Classic Grand Tour.
But it doesn’t just have to be a town name. Your submission can be anything that is signage — a street sign, park sign or business billboard.
- Read the rules below
- You must complete the waiver before your registration will be valid. You will receive a link to the registration form after your email has been verified. Click here to read and sign
- After completing the waiver and the registration form, you will receive your event flag in the mail within 7-10 business days.
- hold an active AMA membership
- shall receive an AMA Grand Tour decal and event flag with participant number
- must hold a valid motorcycle endorsement and state minimum required insurance
- is required to complete the release of liability
- pay the $40 entry fee
- must ride to a location in the United States between April 1 – Nov. 1, 2019.
- may ride any route that they choose to various destinations containing “AMA” in the signage
- must not stop on roadways or other dangerous areas to take a photo. The signage must be in a location that is safe for the rider to stop and take a photo.
- must submit photo of sign containing the letters “AMA” within the word along with their bike/grand tour flag in the photo. For example, “AlabAMA” (Participants themselves do not have to be in the photo)
- may only submit the same word one time (cannot repeatedly photograph signs with “AlabAMA“)
- may not create their own signage
- must submit the verification form that includes the photo, date and location of the visit. Submit photos at https://services.americanmotorcyclist.com/grandtours/
- documents may be submitted at any time during the ride dates, but all documents must be submitted by Nov. 15, 2019
- will earn a point for every submission
- A plaque will be awarded to the member who earns the most points by submitting the most documentation containing “AMA” in signage, and they will be featured in American Motorcyclist magazine
- The member with the most submissions in that particular month will be featured on the AMA Grand Tours Facebook page.
Frequently Asked Questions
May I use different motorcycles?
Yes. You can use whatever motorcycles you’d like.
What if I lose my tour flag?
Please contact the Recreational Riding Dept and ask for a new flag. Be sure to update your documents with your new number going forward
How can I purchase an AMA Grand Tours patch?
Patches are available for $7.50 at https://americanmotorcyclist.com/ama-grand-tours/ or may be purchased with this event registration
Can I also use these miles for the AMA LongRider program?
Yes! Please enroll at www.americanmotorcyclist.com/longrider
Members are encouraged to share their photos on the AMA Grand Tours Facebook page, but official entries or photos for the Grand Tour will not be accepted via Facebook. Also, please use #AMAGrandTour on social media.