Remember motorcycling this Father's Day
June 09, 2014
PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- Father's Day shopping in motorcycling families is an exciting time, as children peruse the wide array of gift choices for one special rider.
This year, Father's Day is June 15.
Whether Dad likes chrome or leathers or the latest technology, dozens of options are available for motorcyclists today. And motorcycling fathers are pretty easy to please. If it's moto-related, it's hard to go wrong.
"One great option for the true motorcycling father is a membership in the American Motorcyclist Association," said Rob Dingman, AMA president and CEO. "It makes dads a part of a national team dedicated to protecting and promoting motorcyclists and the motorcycling lifestyle. And if there's one thing dads understand, it's teamwork."
The AMA tackles threats to motorcycling and riders at the local, state, national and international level, on the street, on the trails and on the track.
Among the battles the AMA is waging:
- E15 fuels that can damage engines and void warranties;
- Minimal penalties for distracted drivers who injure or kill motorcyclists;
- Discriminatory motorcycle-only checkpoints;
- Unfair restrictions on access to public lands;
- Health-care plans that exclude motorcycle-related injuries; and
- Land-use regulations that jeopardize track operations.
At the same time, once Dad is an AMA member, he has access to many great member benefits, such as discounts on parts, accessories, clothing, car rentals, accommodations and roadside assistance.
To buy Dad an AMA Champion membership for Father's Day, call (800) 262-5646. It's just $49 a year and includes AMA Roadside Assistance at no additional cost.