Careers at the AMA
The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycling lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Grassroots Coordinator. Based at AMA’s Washington, DC office, the successful candidate will develop and implement grassroots initiatives to influence political action in furtherance of motorcyclists’ rights and the AMA mission.
Specific duties include:
- Implement an effective volunteer management program, to include recruitment, training and ongoing engagement of AMA volunteers to influence political action in furtherance of motorcyclists’ rights and the AMA mission.
- Implement, support and advance the AMA State Chapter Network Program.
- Use social media and website tools to circulate federal register, congressional and local information and increase activism.
- Respond to member inquiries and help requests via phone and/or email.
- Monitor relevant motorcycling news sources, organizational websites and community forums to understand the latest developments that may affect the AMA mission.
- Communicate with external and internal contacts including members, motorcycle riders, public officials and AMA staff.
- Work with motorcycle on-highway and off-highway managers to develop grassroots initiatives.
- Act as administrator of the AMA state pages and CQ Engage software program.
Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, business or related discipline required. Technical proficiency in various computer applications is highly desirable. Motorcycling experience is a plus.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hall of Fame Position
About the Job
The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is looking for an outgoing, energetic person to work Saturday and Sunday in the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum located in Pickerington, OH.
Responsibilities include greeting museum guests, introducing them to the many displays and making their visit memorable. The successful candidate will also handle phone calls, gift shop sales, exhibit maintenance and museum data entry.
- Positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong data entry/computer skills
Hours - 9-5 Saturday and Sunday
Apply by sending resume to email@example.com.
- This is a part-time job.
- This is at a non-profit organization.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer